• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Raven making changes to Modern Warfare Remastered based on fan feedback

Moozo

The lead designer at Raven is tweeting updates they are making to MWR based on feedback from the Call of Duty XP event.

Pretty great if you ask me and more than I would have expected, or than they really had to do this close to release.

The objective capture sounds for Domination and other modes are being updated. Thanks for the feedback. #MWRemastered

The Medal sounds are being updated by Raven. They will be unique to #MWRemastered.

.@Analharrier27 the OpFor Sniper has boarded the hype train and will grow facial hair for the launch of #MWRemastered.
(https://twitter.com/Analharrier27/status/772306864373583872)

Raven has updated the sounds for the Barrett, DEgale, RPD, and M40A3 to more closely match the original. #MWRemastered

Raven will be updating the obituary icons for headshots and melee kills to match the orginal theme. #MWRemastered

https://twitter.com/wendellwobble

More:

Strafe jumping will make a return in #MWRemastered.

All create-a-class items will be unlocked in private match. #MWRemastered

#MWRemastered will have all playlists that launched with MW1, plus additional ones.

#MWRemastered will have the original MP announcer VO for the original modes.

MMaRsu

Banned
But what about the announcer voices? AKA almost the most important thing?

Seeing as that's what you are going to be hearing every match after match

Let's do this was so iconic, the new voices are really really terrible.

Bizzquik

There has been no news on the "Variety Map Pack" DLC coming.
I want Broadcast, Chinatown, Creek, and Killhouse.

Will we ever get these maps?
Of the 24 maps that ultimately came out for the game, three of those are in my top seven CoD4 maps overall.

That's pretty awesome.

Now confirm that it will be sold separately..

They will wait for you to buy Infinite Warfare and then when they feel they've sold enough copies, that's when they will release it separately and you'll buy it again. Activision is pretty smart.

T-0800

I came to say this. They really need to put the old voices back in as the new ones don't sound good.

Could someone try tweeting them about it? I'm not on Twitter.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Replace every sound with the original ones.

No thanks, the original sounds really aren't that good. I'd go so far to say none of the Modern Warfare games had really decent gun sounds. However I'd love a toggle to switch between new and old sounds to keep everyone happy.

Seeing as that's what you are going to be hearing every match after match

Let's do this was so iconic, the new voices are really really terrible.

I think even Raven know that, but it's got to be a legal issue/Activision not willing to pay out money issue. There's no way they're changing that for the sake of it, noone wanted those changed.

Today I learned Raven Software still has a Lead Designer after spending the past five years permanently reassigned to DLC Antarctica.

MMaRsu

Banned
I came to say this. They really need to put the old voices back in as the new ones don't sound good.

Could someone try tweeting them about it? I'm not on Twitter.

I tweeted them about it but I dont think it's going to happen.

Without those old announcers .. the game wont feel the same to me :(

I think even Raven know that, but it's got to be a legal issue/Activision not willing to pay out money issue. There's no way they're changing that for the sake of it, noone wanted those changed.

So are Griggs and Gaz going to have new VAs in campaign? Because they were the original Marines and SAS announcers in multiplayer. "Let's do dis" was used in one of the trailers IIRC, so I doubt it. But then why the fuck would they change the announcers.

Raven plssssssss

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I just want the PC version to have a server browser and server files even if we don't get modding tools, I'm asking for too much aren't I ?

So are Griggs and Gaz going to have new VAs in campaign? Because they were the original Marines and SAS announcers in multiplayer.

I honestly don't know and I hope not. I mean we haven't actually heard why and I'm only assuming here tbh, if they decided to just change them because they thought 'what the hell' I'll be the first in line to shout at Raven. There just HAS to be some other reason IMO.

eshwaaz

Always felt the weapon sounds in the original were weak, and was excited about the new (and improved, IMO) sounds. Disappointed they caved.

pompidu

All I want is right click, copy, paste. That's it.

Obviously easier said then done but I think most fans of mw want just that.

AndyVirus

Craig Fairbrass is a must. It's a little detail but not hearing "we just got our arses kicked" etc. will make me feel like I'm in a different game.

brawly

So are Griggs and Gaz going to have new VAs in campaign? Because they were the original Marines and SAS announcers in multiplayer. "Let's do dis" was used in one of the trailers IIRC, so I doubt it. But then why the fuck would they change the announcers.

Raven plssssssss

I never get why people bring up licensing issues (not just here, in older threads aswell). These VAs are in the campaign.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Haha no it isnt! They will sell it seperately after they sold it to everyone buying the 80$ edition

Also pretty important.

ok i should have clarified (wishful thinking at launch and probably through a decent portion of 2017 depending on sales)

Loxley

Always felt the weapon sounds in the original were weak, and was excited about the new (and improved, IMO) sounds. Disappointed they caved.

Well, they said they sound more like the original sounds now, not that they were using the originals.

Moozo

Craig Fairbrass is a must. It's a little detail but not hearing "we just got our arses kicked" etc. will make me feel like I'm in a different game.
I can't believe they could use him in the trailer/campaign but not the multiplayer for legal/licensing issues, which makes me think it's a conscious decision.

Bishop89

cosmetic type stuff I dont care, as long as they don't change the mechanics/gameplay/perks/killstreaks or anything from that side of things.

zsynqx

Gun sounds were the main thing that needed changing, glad they are listening.

Hope they update the HUD to more closely match the original, the current one is ripped straight from Advanced Warfare and just doesn't look right. Also please bring the original announcers back, the new ones suck.

Oh shit, Gun Game please. Gun Game is my jam erryday.

Will probably be hardpoint or kill confirmed. I'm secretly hoping for Infected.
More:

Strafe jumping will make a return in #MWRemastered.

This makes me happy

Does this still have local split Screen because I'm out if it doesn't. This and the announcers voices are the two most important things left to clarify.

Top Bottom